Pages

September 25, 2009

Quick Bite: Spinach

When Chef AJ, vegan chef of Sante, first showed me this smoothie, I was convinced I would taste the chlorophyll. Might be too green for me, I thought. But seeing as how I don't munch on spinach if there is, say, cheese around, then this It's Easy Being Green is a good way to get my dose. And she's right--you won't taste the spinach. In fact, I have had these smoothies three days in a row to recover from this sinusitis/weird weather/LA just has bad air thing. The good news is, I do feel better (could be the plethora of vitamins in this concoction) and it takes three minutes to make. You can adjust this recipe to taste and throw in a banana for more potassium.

Ingredients

Trader Joe's Frozen Tropical Fruit
Orange Juice
Fresh Spinach

Put 1/4-1/2 a bag of the tropical fruit, 2-3 cups of orange juice, and 2-3 handfuls of spinach into a blender. Puree on high speed or ice crush until smooth. Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment