Pages

September 15, 2010

Strut Your Mutt

participant_1889rotation1

I have many loves, but animals, well, they occupy at least half of my heart. The truth is, I have yet to meet a creature that I am not fond of (including the cow that tried to run me over) especially the ones that need help in some way. As fate would have it, I was introduced to Colette, a very abused shih tzu who desperately needed a loving family, through a local canine rescue Lhasa Happy Homes. A year and a half later, she's a jolly member of my household. And so, to thank Lhasa Happy Homes and to help other dogs, I am participating in Strut Your Mutt LA 2010 this Sunday on the Santa Monica Pier. Hosted by the Best Friends Animal Society, the walk takes place along the Pacific Coast with donations going to the rescue of your choice via sites like this one. If you're up for the challenge, you can also partake or simply help the efforts via donation. Festivities at the after-walk dog PAWty on the pier include the Downward Dog "Dogi" area, a boutique filled with goodies for your companion and the Canine Cafe. A Sunday morning stroll on the beach with my chum, Colette, to help animals in need followed by a soiree? Yes, please. For information click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment