Pages

October 28, 2009

Eye on Food: Lemonade

One of the best parts of living in California is the availability of fresh produce year-round and the plethora of places that serve it up. Lemonade, a local Los Angeles eatery (4 restaurants), takes this West Coast philosophy to a new and simple level--offer a multitude of interesting salads, sandwiches, main dishes and sweets and pair them with fresh-squeezed lemonade in unusual flavors in a friendly and green setting. On this particular visit, I chose one of my favorite foods--spaghetti squash--mixed with farro and a pomegranate vinaigrette and the chicken, butternut squash, grape and oregano vinaigrette salad followed by a blueberry mint lemonade. Everything was delicious. And each was a concoction that I would never think of. The spaghetti squash was a little crunchy and perfectly cooked, while the chicken salad had an earthy bite with a dash of sweet. While I wished I had room for the lemon meringue pie, I will come back again. This time perhaps for the nectarine, rice, grafton cheddar, and mint vinaigrette or maybe the parsnip, carrot, palm springs date, and ginger salads.

If you're in need of catering for your Halloween or Thanksgiving feasts, Lemonade does that too.

Lemonade Downtown
213.488.0299
515 South Flower Street, Los Angeles

Lemonade Beverly
310.247.2500
9001 Beverly Boulevard, West Hollywood

Lemonade Venice
310.452.6200
1661 Abbot Kinney, Venice

Lemonade MOCA
213.628.0200
250 South Grand, Los Angeles

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cassie! I checked out Moon Face too. Wonderful! I really like the fishing heart picture. I am going to read the whole blog when i get a chance!

    Stay in touch!

    -Eva

    ReplyDelete