Pages

July 1, 2009

Monkey Find: Paperless Post

The art of the printed invitation for every occasion seems to have been lost somewhere on the road to becoming a mouse-clicking, informal generation. Maybe it went out with the personalized stationary, the calling card 
and the handwritten note years ago, but wherever it is, I miss it. OK, let's be honest, I have never owned my own monogramed envelopes, but the Martha in me wishes that we still subscribed to that etiquette. I know what you are thinking...who has the time? The money? The purpose? 

Well friends, I can't help you with the reason, other than the fact that any time seems like a good time for a cocktail party to me, but I have found a way for you to get back a bit of charm into your life with little money or time: Paperless Post. This online invitation company, founded in 2008 by a 20-something sibling duo, has united brilliant design, old-fashioned feeling and modern technology. 

With a never- ending spectrum of choices and even a wording assistant, Paperless Post is a much-welcomed way to throw a soiree without having to use online invitation companies that, in my opinion, fail to capture the spirit of what a party should be: chic and thoughtful from start to finish. I mean if Zac Posen and Diane Von Furstenberg are using Paperless Post, then clearly it is genius.

To read more about Paperless Post check out this New York Times article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment